In Your Bible Read This
1 Corinthians 15, 1-34; 15.58
Here Is Your Memory Verse
I am not ashamed of the gospel,because it is the power of God, for the salvation of everyone who believes. Romans 1.16
Afterwards Talk About This
Have you asked forgiveness for your sins and received Jesus as Saviour? If not, now is a good time to do so.
Something To Do Before Next Time
Decide for yourself how many non Christians you are going to explain this great news to. Will it be one, or two, or four, or eight? Don't go beyond your faith but set a goal and ask God to help you.
Written Diploma Work
Write a 2 page outline sermon on a theme you choose including all the ingredients of the gospel you have learned here.
Meditate Word By Word On This Verse
Proverbs 30, 2-4
Spend a Minute to Change the World
Pray for Mauritania – Operation World page 3752. 500,000 West African peoples. 99.7% unbelievers, Lost in Islam and poverty
Be sure to teach this lesson to others. Always pray and prepare well adding your own verses and stories to bring it to life
Can You Hear The Question?
In your spirit can you hear the silent heart cry of a world of people?
I am weary O God,
I am weary O God, and faint.
I am the most ignorant of men,
I do not have a man's understanding.
I have not learned wisdom, nor have I knowledge of the Holy One.
Who has gone up to heaven and come down?
Who has gathered up the wind in the hollow of his hands?
Who has wrapped up the waters in his cloak?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is his name?
And the name of his son?
Tell me if you know!
Proverbs 30, 1-4
Millions of people are confused about the meaning of life. They do not know where they come from, why they are here or where they will go when life ends. In their hearts they suspect there is a God but who is he, where is he, what is he like? You know who he is and you know the name of his Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.
What Shall We Tell Him?
Paul wrote to his friends in the church at Corinth, in Greece to answer the question. He said there are six important things that people need to know so that they can decide what to do. 1 Corinthians 15. 1-28.
- There is a message from God.
- Jesus who died, is risen and alive.
- There is grace and favour from God.
- Death is not the end.
- Jesus Christ is coming again.
- There will be a last day.
Tell Him That He Can Know God
The Bible says that it is of 'first importance' that every man and woman, every boy and girl should hear the gospel, the message that reunites a man with God.
What Is The Gospel?
It is the power of God to everyone who believes. Romans 1.16. Paul tells us that Christ, God's Son died for our sins, that he was buried and that he was raised on the third day. 1 Cor. 15, 1-4
- We must believe that God is, that he exists and that he is a rewarder of all who diligently seek him, not a cruel, distant figure. Hebrews 11.6.
- We must believe that he is a holy God, and that our many sins of not seeking him, of going our own way, of our many bad thoughts, words and actions have separated us from his love and presence. As a result when we die we can only expect fearful punishment. Romans 3.23, 6.23.
- We choose to believe that God in his great love sent his Son Jesus, born of a virgin and sinless, to rescue us by taking all of God's righteous anger so that we might have peace and be able to enter God's holy presence both now and at death. 1 Peter 2.24-25.
- We believe in our own responsibility to make the proper response. We admit and are deeply sorry that we have sinned. We believe that Jesus died because of us and now we ask for God's help to turn from our evil ways. We receive Jesus as Saviour and Lord, and promise to follow him forever even if friends and family make life difficult. John 1, 12,13. Revelation 3.20.
Tell Him That Jesus Is Alive
Our faith is not just based upon feelings but it also stands upon facts that would be admitted as crucial evidence in any fair court of law. Paul records the eye-witness testimony of 514 people including the statements of people who knew Jesus well, like Peter and that of the apostles. They could not be mistaken. 1 Corinthians 15, 5-8.
Tell Him That There Is Grace For Him
Grace is the undeserved favour of God, freely given, not bought or earned, to be received with thanksgiving. Paul says that even though he persecuted the church, nevertheless the grace of God has worked powerfully in his life. God's grace raised Paul from being a chief of sinners to a powerful man of God. 1 Cor. 15. 9-10
Tell Him That Death Is Not The End
Only if we have chosen to follow Jesus, will we enter into the presence of the Lord at death. We look forward to the coming resurrection when believers receive new bodies that never age, sicken or die. We will dwell on a new earth under a new heaven but unbelievers can only expect a lake of fire and everlasting torment far from God's love. 1 Corinthians 15, 12-23, 35-49
Tell Him That Jesus Will Soon Return
"When he comes," he will bring justice to the peoples of the earth, believing the promise of the angels in Acts 1.11, as have Christians down all the ages until this very day. 1 Corinthians 15, 23, 25.
Tell Him That There Is A Last Day
Today is always the day to receive God's salvation, and now is always the very best time because tomorrow may be too late. 1 Corinthians 15, 24-28, 50-57. For these reasons, we who believe should stand firm, not allowing anything to move us from these eternal truths. We should always give ourselves fully to the work of the Lord, telling others, knowing that this labour although hard, is not ever in vain. 1 Corinthians 15.58.
To Close Pray For The World's Most Unreached Peoples By Name
Taken from the Joshua Project Unreached Peoples List these people have no church and as yet no cell, church or mission has committed themselves to prayer, adoption or church planting among this people.
|Aimaq, Jamshidi (Char Aimaq)||Aimaq, Jamshidi||92,000|
|Aimaq, Timuri (Teymur, Timuri)||Aimaq, Taimuri||104,000|