In Your Bible Read This
Galatians 3, 1-14 and Acts 8, 1-25
Here Is Your Memory Verse
For this purpose the Son of God was manifested that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3.8
Afterwards Talk About This
What Jesus did on the Cross. You are forgiven, saved, healed, free and rich. Resist every work of Satan to rob you.
Something To Do Before Next Time
Examine your own life for any curses there from the present or from the past? Go and see your pastor, or elders, or prayer warrior friends. Tell them what you suspect. Ask them to pray with you. Confess your sins and those of your ancestors and together call upon God for help. Remember, God resists the proud but will give you grace if you are humble.
Written Diploma Work
Write a 2 page essay from the examples given on how man can curse himself.
Meditate On These Verses
Numbers 23, 19-23
Spend a Minute to Change the World
Pray For Mali – Operation World page 370. 10,000,000 African people, 33 ethnic groups, 10% literate86% Muslim, 4% Christian, nearly all in great poverty.
Be sure to teach this lesson to others. Always pray and prepare well adding your own verses and stories to bring it to life.
Deliver Us From Evil
In Galatians 3, 2-5. we read how Paul was astonished by the unexpected backsliding by churches who not only knew the truth, but had received Holy Spirit and had seen miracles. Now they were deserting the Lord, losing their joy and believing a different gospel. They were moving back into human effort and religion, and having fellowship with strange people. Paul confronted the root issue, Galatians 4, 8-11, 5, 7-12, and asked,
“Who Has Bewitched You?”
The word bewitched means to slander or to bring evil by feigned praise, or to mislead by the evil eye, charm, bewitch, fascinate, or lead into evil doctrine. Sometimes there are problems in our lives, families and churches which bewilder us and defy every natural and spiritual answer. If this is the case in your life always remember that God wants to bless you with such joys as exaltation, health, children, victory, prosperity, and God’s favour. Deuteronomy. 28, 1-14.
But Has Anyone Bewitched You?
Sure signs of bewitching or cursing are long-term frustrations at being unable to attain to the blessings God promises, confusion, hitting an invisible barrier to progress and suffering repeated evil either personally or in the family history. See Deut. 28, 14-68 for the symptoms
- Accident prone lives. 28,29
- Barrenness, female problems. 28.18
- Continuous poverty, 17, 29, 47-48
- Failure again and again. 38,
- Suicide or untimely deaths, Joshua 6.26, 1 Kings 16.34
- Humiliation. 25-44,
- Breakdown of marriage, family, mind, or emotions, 34, 20, 28, 65, 30, 41.
- Repeated or hereditary sickness. 21, 22, 27, 35, 59, 61.
- Oppression, 33
These are common examples that are possibly but not always caused by bewitching, and without suggesting wilful disobedience to God by the sufferer.
Where Do Curses Come From?
Man Has Been Cursed By God With:
- Unrewarded work. Gen. 3, 17; 5.29
- Restless wandering. Gen. 4.14
- Base servitude. Gen. 9.25
- Global confusion. Gen. 11.1-9
By Satan’s Followers
An undeserved curse does not come to rest, but if Christians deliberately sin, the curse can come to rest. Prov. 26.2
We Can Curse Ourselves By ~
- Soulish talk, Prov. 18.21,
- Moral sins, Deut. 27.20-23;
- Worshipping false gods, Deut. 27.15;
- Injustice, Deut. 27.17-18;
- Abusing our parents, Deut. 27.16;
- Carelessness in God’s work, Jer. 48.10;
- Trusting in man, Jer. 17.5;
- Ignoring the poor, Prov. 28.27;
- Robbing God, Mal. 3.9
- and in many other ways…
We May Have Been Cursed By Others
By excessive authority, physical or emotional abuse, prayers to a god, or our ancestors may have been cursed.
Freedom from curses comes only through Jesus who exchanges our curses for God’s blessing. Galatians 3, 13-16
The Divine Exchange On The Cross
He was crucified for our transgressions.
He was crushed for our iniquities.
He was punished to bring us peace.
He was hurt for our healing.
Isaiah 53, 1 Peter 2.24.
Became sin so we might be righteous.
Suffered death to give us eternal life.
Became poor that we might be rich.
Was rejected so we might be accepted.
2 Cor. 5.2, Hebrews 2.9, Romans 6.23
2 Corinthians 8.9, Ephesians 1, 5-6.
Instead of Curses, Many Blessings.
Instead of unrewarded work, in Jesus our work is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15.58
Instead of wandering aimlessly, we travel with a purpose. Matt. 28.19
Instead of base servitude we have the high calling of a servant. Phil 2, 6
Instead of being scattered, we can be globally united in power. Gen. 11.6
Instead of global confusion we have Abraham’s blessing for the nations. Gen 12.1-3
How Was Abraham Blessed?
Abraham was blessed in every way. We are also blessed with the promise of Holy Spirit to empower and enable us to fulfil God’s purposes for the nations. Gen. 24.1. Acts 1.8
Seven Steps To Freedom From Curses
Bewitching is the work of evil spirits who respond to man’s words and malicious prayers but read 1 John 4,4 and 3.8. Prayer in the name and authority of Jesus will break all evil power. Ask brothers and sisters whom you trust, and who love you to pray through these 7R’s with you ~
- Recognise that the cause of the problem is spiritual.
- Repent of sins that allowed the problem to enter, turning away from them with God’s help, and choosing to follow Jesus as Saviour and Lord.
- Receive forgiveness in Jesus’ name and in Jesus name, forgive everyone that has abused and hurt you
- Renounce Satan and all his works.
- Remind Satan of the blood of Jesus and his defeat on the Cross.
- Ask your friends to Rebuke every evil work, commanding every evil power to go and every curse be broken in Jesus name.
- Refill your life with God’s Holy Spirit and continually praise Jesus, live in the Spirit and in God’s word.
To Close Pray For The World’s Most Unreached Peoples By Name
Taken from the Joshua Project Unreached Peoples List these people have no church and as yet no cell, church or mission has committed themselves to prayer, adoption or church planting among this people.
|Bajau, West Coast||Bajau||10,000|